Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

ReVolved
New Contributor

Schizophrenia and hearing voices

In 2019 two police cars were sent to my home and I was hospitalized and put on an injection I had been hearing voices since 2015 but have not had voices since 2019. One night in 2015 I was just at home listening to music when I began hearing voices. Some good, some bad. It was the bad one's is the reason I lost control. I wasn't drinking and I wasn't doing drugs I really don't know what happened for me to be able to hear them.

I really want my gift back. I have come off medication, I have tried drinking eleven cups of coffee a day for four days but it seems I am caffeine tolerant. I think medication changes the neurons in our brain the way they communicate and connect with each other through neurotransmitters. And also because of medication I find that I'm emotionally blocked.

I believe the voices are spirits and that I was hearing the spirit realm. I don't know how it happened I wasn't prepared for it I had no one around me that could relate or comprehend and unfortunately I was hospitalized. Am wondering if anyone could tell me what may have happened to be able to hear them and what the medication has actually done to my brain to cancel them out completely and how do I get my gift back?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Schizophrenia and hearing voices

Hi @ReVolved , welcome to the forums

It sounds like having these voices come on and then leave so suddenly must have been pretty distressing. 

There are lots of reasons that one might start experiencing voices suddenly, it can be linked to something that's happening in your life at that time, or it can be a symptom of a medical or mental health concern. I notice that you mentioned Schizophrenia in your thread name, were you diagnosed with Schizophrenia?

To better understand what happened after receiving medication, and how this lead to your voices going, it could be helpful to ask your doctor who would likely be able to explain how it works and interacts with your brain.

We're the voices comforting or bad or both? I hear voices. Some are very distressing. I was diagnosed with a psychotic disorder decades ago, when it began and I had some paranoid too (still do from time to time). I've been on numerous antipsychotic medications and none really got rid of the voices but some made it harder to hear/understand them if I was more doped up.

I wouldn't know what to do to bring them on sorry. Mine are supposedly parts of me that have had trauma. So I guess that's how they supposedly came out about but I wouldn't recommend trying to get voices that way. They are also not the voices you're seeking probably. Maybe if you have a preferred spiritual way or whatever you could look into that.

@ReVolved  welcome to the forums. i have had some very similar experiences i too hear voices that i believe are spirits and such and i am also on an injection that is supposed to get rid of them it doesnt completely but it makes them harder to understand and a lot less frequent which feels strange when you are used to them being there. as i understand it the medication is supposed to act on neurotransmitters in the brain to stop the voices but as for how it does that no one really knows there is a lot of unknown stuff about these meds which can be kind of scary. as for getting your gift back it might be difficult to do while on meds but you shouldnt stop the meds without first speaking to your doctor. i hope you are traveling ok in general though as sometimes experiences like this can be distressing.   

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Donate Now

ARAFMI is a not for profit organisation.  If you would like to support us please donate here