Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Former-Member it has been playing on my mind last night while fighting sleep again, I really hope that my discussions about our weekend has not prompted any negative emotions for you, I genuinely value your support and the last thing I want is to upset you or anyone else here 😔 I understand you have concerns of your own at the moment...  thank you for your encouragement even in the midst of your own trials. 

@Former-Member not forgetting your support here either. Thankyou... 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined

you have neither said or done anything that would offend @Former-Member

possibly taking some self-care time or even following up something with mr darcy..

I know that she would want you to be reassured....so delete those thoughts...

yes sleep will mount up as a debt...been there...currently experiencing again myself although I did get a block of 4 hours last night with medication though..

you might need to think about that yourself for a couple of nights to get your sleep pattern back...there are some natural ones...I would not suggest the st j.... w...have heard too many stories of unpleasant reactions...

the one that I am referring to can be made up as a compound at the chemist...that is all that I can say without crossing the guidelines..

wishing you nights blessed with sleep

Thanks for that @Former-Member

Dr has prescribed an AD that was supposed to help but reluctant to provide anything stronger. It worked initally but not so much when under preassure. Having chamomile tea 🤤 often helps but even that is ineffective atm...

Hoping for more luck today as we have been busy and more avtive for most of the day.   Darling was actually smiling for a bit this afternoon as she helped me detail my car (well its our car but its the one I drive) and was quite pleased with her efforts and the result.  

She also managed to get on the cycle trainer and impove her avg speed. I was concerned about her pushing herself after the weekend trauma but she seemed unaffected so that gives me greater confidence regarding her recovery. 

@Determined

brilliant news

yes I drink chamomile tea ..calms me but does not send me to sleep..

yes good about the exercise...keep an eye on that though...I have just recently further injured myself overdoing my overzealous I need to get my fitness level back...

happy moments might just help you with a little meditation if you can ...

Balance in exercise is a real concern here @Former-Member

In 2016 my darling did over 10,000 km on her bike on the road and ?000 km on the indoor trainer. Thjs was achieved in a little over 9 months .

@Determined

No problems at all Bro, please don't give it another thought.

Appreciate your sense of humour, helped me get through on a number of occasions (on that note I saw a nightshirt on the internet ... thought your Darling might want to get it for your next birthday ... only kidding)

Darcy

Answer to your question is over here @soul

As much of it as I can share anyway, it was a rather traumatic weekend. 

Reading between the lines and can see that it must have been such a stressful situation for all involved @Determined.

No wonder you are hesitant about making plans and wondering if you can keep them. So sorry that this has happened. I really hope that things improve from here on in. You certainly haven't had an easy life.

@Determined, here and listening.

Dinner served @Former-Member back shortly. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Donate Now

ARAFMI is a not for profit organisation.  If you would like to support us please donate here